Who is the course for?
The course is aimed mainly at transport planners in local authorities of small and medium sized cities. Other interested individuals are also welcome, e.g. from consultancies or recent graduates.
The overarching objective of the course is to identify and help closing the capacity gaps in S-M cities’ knowledge of methods in financing sustainable mobility through providing information and sharing knowledge of best practice from across Europe. Participants will learn about:
- innovative financing schemes, i.e. levies, taxes and charges, commercial and economic measures and municipality-centred measures;
- the public procurement reform in the EU, innovative procurement criteria and procedures for transport and mobility; and
- business models for new and emerging transport schemes.
Moderation and Forum
- 4 weeks course (01.07.2020 – 01.08.2020)
- Moderation only in this time span. Questions can be raised using the respective forum for each topic
- Questions are discussed in written form
- The course is self-paced i.e. you can log in according to your schedule
- Moderator will interact with participants through the forum for each topic
- Opportunity to participate in live webinars if participants are in the same time zone.
- Webinars are recorded and recordings are made available for participants.